Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Journal Entry # 6 (Project 2 Exercise)

Myth: Do you believe private schools provide an overall better education than public schools?

Interviews

Cristine Moore: "My view is that I dont think it is better. It is positive that private schools have smaller student class ratios, while public school have high student teacher ratios and do not provide as much individual help. But I think there are both negative and positive things about both private and public schools."

Theresa Cataldo: "I dont think they are any better. The only thing thatis better is that private schools have less kids. The students and teachers are all going to be the same whether private or public. Private is just more expensive for the same thing as public."

Findings
I found that both interviewes agreed that neither public or private is better. They consider them the same thing. One interesting thing I learned was that they both mentioned the likeness they had toward private school for having smaller class ratios.

No comments: