Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chapter 8 - "The Inheritance of Tools"

Questions for Active Reading
pg 233
1. Personally, I have a hard time visualizing what he was doing. He did not explain his process in steps. Although he did explain what he did to the room, it did not make any sense to me because I would have needed a clear explanation of exactly what he had to do. When he mentioned the time he found out his father died, he explained it very well. I could play the entire conversation in my head.
2. He uses his own childhood to put the story in chronological order and than brings it back to present day where now, his son is in his place. He described old tools his family has used over many years to help express 'time'.
3. Sanders describes a dawn stone as the earliest humans equivalency to a hammer. It represents to him that the design of the hammer has changed over time but not the idea of the hammer.

No comments: