Tuesday, September 23, 2008

In the News #4 (Myspace & Facebook Addictions)

This presentation today interested me. I deleted my myspace about 2 years ago before facebook was even known to most. I have never been on facebook and I never will see myself on myspace again. People dont realize how much myspace can honestly ruin your lives. I found out my boyfriend of 3 years was cheating on me because of myspace- that was the reason I cancelled my account and told myself that i never would let myself become involved with a website of that such again, and i havent. Everyone tells me about this new facebook thing and it has not interested me one bit to check it out. Once someone has a bad experience on facebook or myspace they will then think about how its affecting there lives. Unfortunatly, I feel like a loser when i say that I have lost some friends since i delted my myspace. Some of my friends were great people but I only talked to them on myspace through comments or blogs. I have no way to keep in touch with old friends now without myspace. No one e-mails each other anymore, and if they do- than its on myspace. I dont have even half of my old friends that i kept in touch with through myspaces phone numbers so I have no way besides these unfortunate websites to keep in touch with them. Im over the myspace/facebook deal because I personally have seen the consequences.

No comments: