Thursday, September 18, 2008

In the News #3 ( Technology Disadvantages)

The video that we watched in class was eye-opening to me, int he way that it showed texting as being so dangerous. There has been many different technology advances that have given us health problems or even just put us in dangerous situations. I dont know if there was a study ever done on Ipods or MP3 players and there potential health factors but I can only imagine that there could possibly be hearing problems over a period of time. Sticking those tiny headphones in your ears blaring loud music for a few hours straight, to me does not seem healthy. First off, when i get home from any concert my ears are usually ringing and I cant hear one thing, wouldnt you think that placing that loud music DIRECTLY into your ear would be creating some internal hearing problems at least? Some people become so zoned out to the world around them while using their ipod that they could put themself in a dangerous situation. Also, I find the earphones that most are using these days as extremely dirty. Everyone shares their greesy germ infested little ear phones with each other....its gross. Personally, I have a small "ocd" situation where i refuse to put headphones on for that reason.

No comments: