Thursday, September 4, 2008

Journal Entry # 1 (Meta-analysis)

I work at a preschool, and at the beginning of the school year all of the teachers in the school need to write their own "welcoming" to the parents. I felt that I had to make a good impression because I had not yet met any of the kids or the parents and this short paragraph is the only impression I had on them at the time. I wrote my letter extremely enthused about the new school year. My audience was the parents and children whom I wanted to make feel comfortable about being in my class. In my letter I included what I think of the school, my experience, education, and what I do in my spare time. I feel that my writing accomplished exactly what I was aiming towards. Responding to a rhetorical question helped me examine my own writing and I realized my strengths and weaknesses.

No comments: